Thursday, August 19, 2010

Should I seek medical advice about squint correction?

Hi this may seem vain but I thought it would be best to get some anonymous online opinions before I pursued this any further. I have a slight squint in one eye that is only really noticeable in photos - it has really bothered me all my life (cosmetically only, i've had no actual sight problems) making me insecure about my appearance. I recently learned that there are ways to correct squints. Would it be worth bringing this issue up with my GP or is it making a big deal over nothing?


Thanks!Should I seek medical advice about squint correction?
Its not vain. I understand why you would be concerned. I think that you should go to a doctor for medical advice. I've had a nose job and had my teeth veneered. Lots of people go to doctors for medical advice and for cosmetic reasons. What's wrong with looking your best? Go for it.Should I seek medical advice about squint correction?
Three months ago I had a squint correction procedure (I am 37). The surgery has been a success and I feel like I am walking on air. I simply went to my GP, got referred to hospital and 10 weeks later I was operated on under the NHS. Start with your GP and don't be fobbed off. Good luck!

Report Abuse



Yes, I think you should. my friend had the same problem and was not happy with it. she wouldnt even have her photo taken. She went to the doctors in the end and they helped her. she had some laser treatment done and now its gone and shes really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment