Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nerve damage...should I seek legal advice?

I had my wisdom teeth removed on Monday and I am suffering nerve damage in which I have lost complete feeling of my chin and half of my lower lip and gums. The doctor does not know when or if the feeling will ever return, he doesn't even know the extent of the damage. I have read that it is possible the feeling will never return.


** Before the surgery I was NOT warned of the risks of getting my wisdom teeth removed (such as nerve damage).


If the feeling does not return, should I consider a lawsuit? Even if it does return should I consider a lawsuit for damages?


Any advice would be really helpful. Thanks!Nerve damage...should I seek legal advice?
yes. i would seek out a lawyer; they would tell you if its worth suing for damages if it does return. if it doesnt, you deffinatly should sue.Nerve damage...should I seek legal advice?
There should have been a form you signed. Whenever widom teeth are removed, the feeling will be gone at least for a while where you are experiencing it. Mine felt ';tingly'; like when your foot falls asleep and it tickles to touch it - for about a year and a half. It's completely normal now (it's been 20 years) - can't remember when it became comepletely normal again.


With wisdom teeth, that's what happens.
I have had 3 root canals in my life , after the surgery takes a while until you totally get recovered.


I had numbness and pain on one of the teeth for about 2 years eventually , i got used to and it doesnt bother me anymore.


You should ask to other doctor for a second opinion, anyways why you got your wisdow teeth removed? I never got one of those surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment