Sunday, August 22, 2010

Is Klonopin dangerous during pregnancy?I will seek doctor's advice but want to know from other's experience

Klonopin is a panic attack drug/antidepressantIs Klonopin dangerous during pregnancy?I will seek doctor's advice but want to know from other's experience
YES! I had horrible panic attacks for a year before and I found out I was pregnant this January. Stop taking them immediatly! I didn't think it was too big a deal, but I had taken one every night for the first two weeks I didn't know I was pregnant (I just ';needed'; them) and then I stopped when I learned I was pregnant but took them one or two nights because I thought I needed them. I asked my doctor if it was really not so bad, but they said it was. (even thought the baby is fine, because I did it so early on and not too much) But they said becasue of how muc it slows your body down and helps you sleep, it will literally ';sedate'; the baby! (permanantly) I was horrified that I could have taken them. But, the doc said it was fine, just not to do it again, because the baby is developing every day. So stop them now, but if you have been taking them try not to worry so much, because the baby is probably just fine. I personally had a really hard time stopping them, (its easier said then done) but knowing I had to do it for the baby really helped. I started to really try brething right (in through nose, out throught the mouth... make sure when you breathe out its longer than it was going in... it really helps) and yes, i had to make a few ';emergency trips to the er at night when i'd get freaked out, but there was nothing they could do, other than help me work through them. It helped me to sleep with the lights on and have my fiance saty up late so I knew he'd be up. Oh, and of course my life saver, Tylenol PM really helps you sleep and ';knocks you out'; and calms you down. It is completely safe, all Tylenol prioducts are whenyour pregnant. (but still try not to over do it.) But it has really helped me! Good luck and I know what your going through!!!Is Klonopin dangerous during pregnancy?I will seek doctor's advice but want to know from other's experience
Its also used for severe pain and if it was me on it and having a baby I would not keep taking the meds.But I am not a doctor so just ask your doctors.Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment