Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Need advice to seek second opinion?

Hello, I am 37 yr old Female. I have had two laps due to ovary being stuck to right intestine


plus adhesions plus ovarian cysts. On left side, ovarian cysts plus endrometriosis.


My laps were in 2000 and 2002. Been on Birth control for 9 years. I had my annual


check up in april. It was very painful. Never has been before. Several weeks later,


I started bleeding even though i was on the pill. Plus I had pain in my left side near my left ovary.


I know about break thru bleeding, but this wasnt it. that is diff. I then had a 2 inch by 1 inch piece of ';meat'; fall into the toilet.


The bleeding stopped for exactly 24 hours, but that night I had hideous pain.


I then resumed bleeding and it was clots... big clots. I told the nurse what happened and she


thought I was preg and lost a baby. I told her NO WAY! CANT BE! I went to the dr. and she


had no idea as to were that ';meat'; came from. She could not tell me why i had that type of pain and


symptoms. I then had a vaginal ultrasound done. As the test was being preformed and afterward, I cried in the bathroom because the pain was so bad on the left side. Today, June 11th,2009, she told me all I had


was a small fibriod in my uterus. I kept telling her about my history over and over. I tell her about that pain over and over. Seemed like she wasnt paying attention. Then told me in 3 months come back. If I still have this pain she may do a diagnostic lap.


If I still have the pain go to the ER in meantime. I asked about a hysterectomy and she was like that wouldnt help endo can always come back. I have had previous drs tell me that wasnt so.


So, I need to know, should I get a second opinion? Should I just wait around? I dont have insurance since I am laid off from work. I go to UAMS ,. Its a teaching hospital and a world class leader in medical science. I thought it would be a good place to go with this problem. www.uams.edu


Any one out there with suggestions or just anything I would greatly appreciate it.


Thanks


sevenandthe_raggedtigerNeed advice to seek second opinion?
I would defiantly get a second opinion. Anytime a doctor seems unresponsive to your concerns get a second opinion it can save your life. The problem with ';teaching hospitals'; is they are doing just that teaching so you are dealing with studentsNeed advice to seek second opinion?
endometriosis can always come back even after a hysterectomy, but in your case I think that even if it does, you will have some relief from all this pain and bleeding.


You really need to think it through especially if you will want children.


Research and get all the info you can.


This is a good site to join www.hystersisters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment