Sunday, August 22, 2010

Banned from the Gym, Should I seek legal advice?

My fiancee resigned from her job at the gym, which management wasn't happy about at all. Well the district manager in a rage called the 3 gyms she runs and had her and myself banned. I kinda understand that she can be banned but not myself. I feel it's discrimination that because I'm dating a former employee they're not happy with I get banned from joining or even entering. This is Gold's Gym btw not some private place.Banned from the Gym, Should I seek legal advice?
If you have signed a contract then I would read it very carefully before you start shouting, if you dont have a contract i would request a copy of the GYms rules and proceedures or customer charter.


Unfortunatly i think you will proably find in one of thoses places something along the lines of


' we, (the gym that is) can refuse membership or terminate membership to any person at any time without reason';


That tends to be clasue found in most contracts with people like gyms.


Even my local indian takeaway has that written on the bottom of their menus.


Sorry!!Banned from the Gym, Should I seek legal advice?
If you were there on a free member ship there is nothing you can do. They gave it you, and they can legally decide to cancel it and ban you from their property. It is private property and they can refuse any one they want. The only reason they have to give for banning you is that you did not comply with company policy--they do not need to give an exact example or say anything else.
You may not like it but lawyers will want thousands up front to pursue the matter .


Yes , lawyers are great in theory , but then that nasty cost issue raises it's head .





Get a refund for your membership and join another gym .


They are NOT the only game in town .





%26gt;
Yes, you should seek legal advice. If they are using your fiancee's resignation as a reason to ban you, then what they are doing is wrong and you have a case here. Make sure to indicate the district manager's name.
If you have a true membership in which you pay membership fees and have a signed contract I would go after them. If your girlfriend either allowed you to workout there or ';gave'; you the membership you may want to buy a soloflex.
First off, ask for a reason and proof of why you were banned. If they wont supply it, or it is unreasonable, get legal advise.
I'd ask for the reason for your ban in writing. More to the point, I'd demand a refund of your fee(s) and go elsewhere, having nothing more to do with the place.
Wouldnt that fall under the basis of retaliation? Contact the Department of Labor, Civil Rights Division for your state.

No comments:

Post a Comment