Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Seek for any advice for relevant working experience and the routes to get into clinical psychology.?

Hi everyone,


I have a BSc degreet in Psychology. Although what I really want to do is Clinical Psychology, I gave myself a go to try another field in Business Psychology(MSc) last year. It let me found out that what I am really interested to do is still Clinical Psycholog.





I am highly interested in helping children who have learning disability, PTSD, or suffer much from divorce or parental issues.....I am looking for relevant work that can lead me to study clinical psychology later, but I don't know what kind of institutions and organisations, or key words I should be looking for..... Could anyone give me any advice? I am ready to do one year volunteer work..... Besides, I also heard that I need to do some work under supervision, where can I possibily get that? Any website that I can look for?





I have no clinical relevant working experience and I am an international student.... I really don't know who and where I can ask for such questions....





Thanks for reading and helpSeek for any advice for relevant working experience and the routes to get into clinical psychology.?
Are you British here in the United States? Or do you live in the UK? Responses will be different according to where you live.





If you live in the United States, try researching:


1. hospital programs with psychiatric or behavioral health programs - they often accept volunteers


2. preschools, residential programs or even volunteer programs at elementary schools - depending on where you live, you may have to go through a ';process'; of applications and background checks, so be prepared


3. social service agencies, community mental health centers, and services for the disabled like United Way


4. contact professors at your local university and college - tell them that you are going to apply to grad school in clinical psych and that you are looking for volunteer experience - I did this and volunteered on a research program before entering grad schoolSeek for any advice for relevant working experience and the routes to get into clinical psychology.?
social worker
I know my brother-in-law started at Devereux as a mental health worker, they work with children and young adults with emotional, developmental, educational and cognitive disabilities. It's not huge amounts of pay but it will get your foot in the door for hospitals and clinical psychology.





You may also want to look in job sites like careerbuilder.com and Monster.com, type in keywords like residential counselor and mental health concealer, look at the job descriptions and if you match or are close apply. Apply to more then on e or two the more you apply to the better your chances.
  • acne cream
  • back blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment