Sunday, August 22, 2010

Are you sometimes inwardly surprised that your serious advice is being sought?

And do you at times doubt your qualifications for giving it?





Do you believe you see yourself as others see you?Are you sometimes inwardly surprised that your serious advice is being sought?
1. Constantly!





2. Rarely, being opinionated comes with age!





3. I have absolutely no concept of how others truly see me. My refrain is '; I am The Mother I am omnipotent!';. so I seriusly doubt it.Are you sometimes inwardly surprised that your serious advice is being sought?
Definitely! Especially when someone like me has led a sheltered lifestyle and tend to get everything wrong and upside down.





Yep... especially if it's not in my usual area of expertise... not that I actually have any areas of expertise anyway.





Nope. I can't see myself as others see me, cos I can't get away from me to see me do stuff from a distance. Sometimes, I might catch a glimpse of me from another point of view, but it's only a flash.
1 no, people have always asked my advice.i often wondered where all that advice came from, but it worked anyway.


2 did the training and couple years Life Line telephone counseling.so finally i did have qualifications.


3 i have no idea how others see me ,and different people see different aspects.
I tried hard to not give advice after my spell in teaching (Electronics) as i learnt the hard way that not many really want it .


When you find only 2 out of 18 gained anything from your teaching it humbles your attitude to giving away even knowledge.


But those 2 that actually listen and learn, oh boy that gives such a buzz


And when you meet them later in life and those who ignored you tell you they wished they hadnt ignored you now.


Even my son came and told me ide been right all along, and his enlistment as a private rifleman in army was a mistake (nothing against military was a regular myself Air techie)


The young have to make their own mistakes ,And learn by them.
No. I have learned that people will ask just about anybody for advice about anything at all. This is because people are generally stupid when it comes to such things and presume that those they ask are worth asking. Which is usually a huge mistake.





No. because I don't care about my qualifications. If somebody asks and I'm in the mood I might answer. But I just don't care if my answer at that particular moment is correct, or reasonable, or rational, or even helpful. Caveat emptor, an' all that. I'm the bloke who would shrug if somebody asked whether or not they should jump and tell them yes. Because in most cases I just don't care enough about them to waste time explaining why they shouldn't.





Yes. Because people only ever see what I want them to see :oP
At this age nothing surprises me any more . . .











I'm highly qualified cause if i've learned one





thing about life, it's that the heart never lies,





and that's where every thing i say, comes





from or i don't say it . . .








No, cause others see me through there





eyes, i see me through mine . . .











peace, instead of pieces . . .
Hello,





(ANS) No! NOT at all, my reaction is one of quietly feeling pleased and perhaps slightly flattered at being taken seriously i.e. that my views %26amp; opinions have a value to someone else.





**That wisdom is only worth anything if you give it away %26amp; share it.





**no! you cannot ever objectively see yourself as others see you bye default. We can never be truely objective about ourselves because we are by nature subjective not objective. We only see the world from our own eyes %26amp; mind %26amp; standpoint, from our own ego.





Ivan
I've known for some time that my perception of self is very different than the way others see me.


In most cases, the people whom I would expect to ask my advice never do...the ones who do ask surprise me, and then, yes I feel less than adequately qualified to give advice.
Not really, I'm usually thrilled to share my expertise with someone who shares the same interest.


Qualifications: No, if I don't have the skill/technique I'd say so.


I haven't a clue as to how others see me, most of them are wrapped in their own ego to bother with me.
No, it doesn't surprise me. I give advice for a living. I am a community worker with older people. I am well qualified to carry out this work. I am not sure I see myself as others see me. I think I underestimate my own value. Maybe that is because I am modest?
Yes. Because I wouldn't take advice from me even if I was to ask me.





Yes. The asker is generally more qualified than I am to give advice.





No. I don't think I want to know how others see me.
I have some wisdom, and I hope it helps others through their difficulties and worries.
I think I have wisdom but now that you've asked I have realised that nobody asks me for advice! I'm a granny and a great great aunt too!
No. Being perfect in every way I have no qualms about it......
yes


yes


no
Yes yes and no. Poppy
Never.





No, not at all.





No, I am sure I don't.
NO


NO


NO


i feel weird now


make me a sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment