Sunday, August 22, 2010

I like to seek your advice on what I could do when my husband does not stand up for me ?

There were a few situations in the past which involved outsider and it was at a time when I was in a state of emotional weakness. One night, I was all happy and proud and have saved the dinner time to share my achievement of the day. I was highly praised by co-students for running a class without notice when my teacher did not turn up. My daughter, aged 11 started grilling me with questions and comparing me with her friend who could do the split?” I said if I have the opportunity that her friend has and got trained from that young age, I dare say I can be a professional gymnast by now. And this was true, I started very much later in life but I did better than many kids in the class. And that was a fact. But my kids disagreed and kind of put me down by their gestures. I turned to my husband for his adknowledgment of just the fact that I do have that possiblity if I had the chance, he said nothing. That's when I broke down and all my pass hurt of him not standing up for me surfaced.I like to seek your advice on what I could do when my husband does not stand up for me ?
oh you have got to be kidding me...get some therapy for your insecurities and self esteem issues - your husband shouldn't have to defend you to an 11 year old over the splits...or anything for that matter. If you can't be proud of what you feel you can accomplish without someone else ';backing you up';...you need help.I like to seek your advice on what I could do when my husband does not stand up for me ?
You expect your husband to stand between you and your YOUNG children??? I must say I feel sorry for your husband!





You should also lighten up a bit - why not laugh off what your daughter said and NOT compete with something that is not even important, every generation will find something to ridicule and when the kids are in puberty -their parents are the last people on this planet that would be considered cool!
thats sad. well


u could always confront him and just ask him why he did not do anything. hope this helps.
I would have said ';thanks for all of your support, you can sleep on the couch for the next month!!!';
First of all, you should talk to him about it. He might have reasons; he might not. Either way, it's good to hear what he has to say.





Second, if he won't stand up for you, try to stand up for yourself. You don't have to put up with someone walking all over you.





Personally, I would suggest not standing up for your husband when he needs it, but I realise that not everyone is like me.





I would also suggest talking to your daughter about that incident if you haven't already, or after a future incident.
sounds like he is spineless... stop waiting for him- back yourself up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment