Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks, everyone. I did seek an attorneys advice. Not to represent me though, just to answer the summons.?

It was regarding a question I posted before regarding on how to answer a court summons for breaking a lease. The only thing I forgot or did'nt get answered from the attorney was do I attach any of my proof showing just cause, or does that come later, if I even make it to court to state my case? It's a great thing that I contacted an attorney for my answer, for after getting my answer from him (the attorney) I would have had no clue and would have wrote all the wrong things down. Basically, I'd been pleading my case in the answer and that is'nt what the judge would be looking for or wanting to hear at that point and time. So folks, you do need an attorney to answer for you, for the legal terms were remarkable and most layman would'nt have a clue, like I did'nt! Thanks, and if anyone can let me know if I should submit some evidence or not along with my answer to the courts I'd be grateful! DyannThanks, everyone. I did seek an attorneys advice. Not to represent me though, just to answer the summons.?
you definitely need an attorney unless it's a small claim type of case where you can come in on a one day hearing and plead your case to the judge. otherwise, you still really don't have the training to do this at all. First you're answering a complaint not a summons. the summons is just a court order for you to appear. your answer will have admissions and denials and affirmative defenses. then there is the discovery period and motions can be filed to dismiss the case or prove one. in any case, don't think you can just handle this one against another party if they have an attorney. i know attorneys cost money, but so do judgments, you understand what i'm saying? i would at least consult with an attorney to see what i should do. good luckThanks, everyone. I did seek an attorneys advice. Not to represent me though, just to answer the summons.?
Make copies of whatever you have and attach, it can't hurt. Do not send the originals. Good Luck....
  • acne
  • back blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment