Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I binged on all bran and muesli cereals, with 1% milk - I seek opinion and advice!?

I am currently on recovery from anorexia. I have to gain weight. Two days ago, my doctor told me I wasn't gaining, so I had to eat more. I'm quite happy with that. Although I've now start to be some sort of compulsive eater. I often binge, to the point of feeling nauseus. Say, taking 3 plates of the main dish and a pretty bulky dessert. BUT, I binge only on pretty healthy food. I think the calories must be around 5000-6000/ day. That's way too fast, right?


Anyway, this morning I ate like 6 big bowls of cereals (finished like 1 L and a half of 1% milk). The cereals were all-bran. Very high fibre ones.


I am feeling real full. (i think this binge must have been around 2000 calories). Is that bad? Should I change my tactic, or I do I need to eat that much?I binged on all bran and muesli cereals, with 1% milk - I seek opinion and advice!?
That may be too much fiber right away.. don't be surprised if you're running to the bathroom constantly in the next day or so.





Anyways, I know how you feel. I myself am recovered from anorexia. I'm still having to gain a couple more pounds, but at first I did what you did. My parents said they were sending me to the hospital, and that freaked me out. I just started eating and eating and eating to gain weight. It was all healthy food for the most part. I think it was natural peanut butter that REALLY helped me gain weight. I think it's fine to eat as much as you're capable of, but NOT to the point of feeling nauseous. Also, test yourself occasionally to make sure you're not ';uncontrollably bingeing';. That's what I do. I just stop in the middle of what I'm eating and walk away. It reassures me that I'm in control of my eating. Of course I always make sure I'm eating enough to gain though!





Also keep in mind, you don't HAVE to gain the weight all at once. As long as you're gaining, you'll be fine. You dont have to gain ten pounds over night.I binged on all bran and muesli cereals, with 1% milk - I seek opinion and advice!?
Bring it up to your doctor. It is a good step in the right direction that you recognize that you do need to eat more and that you are able to eat more, but like you said, eating all of that in one sitting isn't the best answer either. If you can, change your tactic. Eat one big bowl/plate but then wait 30-60 minutes after you finish before you go back for another.
You know, anorexia is a very specific condition. It seems indeed a lot, but you may be hungry too. Maybe you'd best confide in your doctor about this. At least, eating again is a very good thing. Bravo! (I can understand, I love cereals with milk, too...) And for the binge... so be it!
  • acne
  • back blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment