Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Future veterinary student seeking veterinarian for advice?

I'm finishing my AA degree now, and getting ready to transfer to UF to get my bachelors in Animal Sciences, then my masters in Vet. Medicine. Do you have any advice for me? Do all veterinarians get their doctorates too? How was your college experience as a student of veterinary medicine? Thanks for any feedback!Future veterinary student seeking veterinarian for advice?
Yeah, you can't get a ';masters'; in vet med. You have to go to vet school to become a Doctor of veterinary medicine. That means you have to go to a four year vet school. You have to complete a specific set of classes before you can even apply. You also need experience with a veterianry clinic before you can apply. It's not the same as just going to graduate school like you would for something like chemistry, it's more like going to medical school and it's extremely difficult to get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment