Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Advice on how to approach seeking an unpaid position at a bakery?

I've started practicing making a range of pastries at home. I'm interested in eventually going to school for the pastry arts, but for now, I just want to get my foot in the door of my local confectioneries/ bakeries. How should I get in touch with them, seeking some unpaid position for sweeping up %26amp; running errands, etc., then being an apprentice? Should I send a cover letter, make a phone call or just walk in %26amp; state my case?Advice on how to approach seeking an unpaid position at a bakery?
Dunno. I'm wanting to do the same thing as a music engineer at a studio, and I'm thinking a walk-in would be the best way. You can better convey your charisma and energy when you do that and they may respect your forward approach.Advice on how to approach seeking an unpaid position at a bakery?
Walk in and state your case to the owner. Some are not willing to apprentice, but many are. I think it is a great idea to determine if this is what you want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment