Wednesday, November 23, 2011

All Canadians. I seek your valuable advice and help, will appreciate your replies to my question.?







All Canadians. I seek your valuable advice and help, will appreciate your replies to my question.?





Hi, i am from India and recently got my immigration for Canada. I am expected to leave for Canada by December. I sincerely seek you help and valuable advice so to pursue my journey to Canada in the right direction. I have done lot of self study for all the cities and provinces. Few places i got really attracted to, but unable to make out which one would be the ideal city. So, i seek help from all Canadians who are familiar with those places and can input some information for me. I will really appreciate your effort in guiding me in the right direction.





I am a customer service professional. My wife runs her own fashion boutique and have a 3 year old girl. The places i like to settle are:





1) Halifax (NS)


2) Fredericton OR Moncton (NB)


3) Saskatoon (SK)


4) London OR Windsor OR Ottawa (ON)





Somehow my interest lies more in the Maritimes due to housing affordability and several other factors, but unware of job situation there.


Please let me know which one would be the best for me and my family to make our move to a beautiful country CANADA.





Seeing the world economic meltdown, which place can you suggest me the best. I favor East Coast. Thanks to all and will be awaiting for your replies.


Category All Canadians. I seek your valuable advice and help, will appreciate your replies to my question.?
Well im canadian and I think canada is an awful country, its boring, cold and we play hockey (boring, worst than baseball)..=/





I'd visit america, that's a more interesting place. And yes im ashamed of my canadian blood, because canada sucks, USA USA USA All Canadians. I seek your valuable advice and help, will appreciate your replies to my question.?
How obvious geolovescake, we all know you are from the USA, I've seen your posts. Just another war loving criminal from the USA.....please forgive this post. Americans can be very uneducated.





I agree with you that the Maritimes is probably the most affordable, but the east coast is very beautiful. You can't go wrong coming to Canada. The people are wonderful and the country is beautiful. Good luck to you!!
As other people have said Halifax is great. I'll make an argument for Fredericton though.





There are lots of employment opportunities for you here. It is a beautiful place. It is very much like Halifax, but smaller. It is probably a better place to raise your daughter than Halifax. If you go to an outlying area (Marysville maybe) it would be an incredible place to raise a child.
Halifax is a beautiful place, and you will love it there. Pay no attention to the sad little american who answered first. He's lying about being a Canadian, and he knows nothing about our wonderful country. Welcome!
I live in Halifax, and it's the perfect place along the Historic Buildings.
Hi - and welcome to Canada!





I am from London, have lived in Ottawa, and currently live in Halifax. London is a fairly good city for it's size but its main issue, in my mind, is the job market can be tough to crack. There are some IT-related call centres there, so if that's where your customer service experience lies, it may be okay. Ottawa -- if you get into the government, you'll be good job-wise. I found it a little cold (temperature and attitude of the people).





Halifax -- what can I say? I felt at home here after 3 days. Great scenery, great historical buildings, and strong sense of 'city culture'. Your wife may have an easier time with a fashion boutique in Halifax or Ottawa. London can be a little 'blue collar' when it comes to those sorts of shops. Further, I know Halifax is trying to attract migrants from overseas, and have municipal organizations dedicated to helping people get 'settled'. This may or may not be of interest/use to you:





http://www.misa.ns.ca/








Hope this helps and again, welcome to Canada!
I would suggest Halifax, as it is the largest of the 3 cities that you mentioned. It has enough people to be able to find a job for the two of you, and it is less expensive than places in Ontario.





Nova Scotia, along with the rest of Canada, is being affected by the economic slow down. But as you have received your permission to come to Canada, after a long application process, I say come .





Here is a link to the Halifax Chronicle newspaper's online edition. Read the job ads.





http://thechronicleherald.ca/





Good Luck;





Jim B. Toronto.
I would have to say that I would recommend there too,


I'm from Dartmouth (another great place to live, just across the harbor from Halifax with easy access, and probably easier to get a house, plus it's quiet and nice) and I love it.


Halifax is a great place because it's just the right size and there are plenty of job opportunities.


I'm not exactly familiar with thee other places,


but I know enough.


But I agree with the other guy, check out the chronicle herald for different job opportunities..








Fredericton or Moncton would also be great places too they're pretty central, and plus your closer to the states for some good shopping trips then you would be from Halifax, but other then that I think that they're pretty comparable..





Saskatchewan, I truly wont lie I really don't know a whole ton about, but try googling it, but I know one, thing, my friend moved out there, and if you like the water or beach or anything like that, you'll have trouble finding one because they're aren't very many..





I hope this helps!
What a time of year for someone from India to come to Canada to live! You will be cold!!





I agree that the Maritime Provinces of Canada have the friendliest people in the country.





If your wife is going to be running her own business, you will have to carefully consider your location. Customer service jobs are relatively easy to come by, depending on your experience, but the pay is not great.





I hope you make the adjustment to our climate and culture well and that you enjoy your new 'home' country.

No comments:

Post a Comment