Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Need advice on seeking what was agreed to on divorce papers?

I divorced my husband in 2001. He didn't want the divorce. He bragged on his financial statement beccause at the time he was making big money as a painter, but has always only worked sporadically. When my (pro-bono) lawyer saw this, she mentioned ';alimony'; and he hit the cieling. We agreed that he would pay some credit cared bills I had in lieu of alimony. This never happened. I didn't act on this because I was busy in therapy,, trying to change from an emotionally abused timid ';mouse'; Now we've both been in therapy and have a friendly relationship (he helps me out alot, I'm disabled, he does heavy work for me, paints and cleans my apartment, etc.) But he never intended to pay those bills, I can't on my disability income, he doesn't make that kind of money now, and I don't know what to do. I can't even afford a lawyer should I choose to go after him for reneging on a court order, plus, I am dependent on him for this help. Any advice?Need advice on seeking what was agreed to on divorce papers?
You could get the matter back before a judge and the court would require him to pay the obligation ordered of him. The problem you will face in doing that is that will likely alienate your now-friendly ex and could put a big damper on his willingness to help you out. If you haven't brought it up to him, you might try that %26amp; let him know that there is a court order requiring him to pay, that he agreed to so he wouldn't have to pay you alimony, that he has reneged on his representation to the court, and because of that you are having to pay those bills. Maybe he'd make an effort to pitch in financially???Need advice on seeking what was agreed to on divorce papers?
This was something that was put on paper from court.. It is court ordered that he pay u alimony.. It shouldnt cost much taking him back.. Call the lawyer u had with the divorce and ask what it will take to do this.. Ur exhusband will be held in contempt of court.. saying they can put him in jail for not paying.. I understand he is helping, but also to he owes u money.

No comments:

Post a Comment