Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm seeking advice on spending addiction - SERIOUS answers only, please?

I don't carry credit cards, but I have a bad habit of overspending my budget to the point that checks bounce and I wind up in a financial mess. I have even been suckered into those cash advance places.





I use shopping as a way to relieve stress. Yes, I am in therapy and this is an issue we discuss. Before you blast me for asking in this forum, I am looking for people who have been through this before! I have looked into Spenders Anonymous, but the nearest meeting site is a 2-hour drive away.





I budget, I do lists, I shop with cash only (when I have cash), and I even gave my parents my debit card so I can't go to the ATM. I can't get myself to stick to a budget.





If you have this problem, what are some of the things you do to help yourself?I'm seeking advice on spending addiction - SERIOUS answers only, please?
The most important thing is that you notice it's hard for you. Trust me - it's easy to spend a lot of money in a hurry. I am an impulsive shopper and it's easy for me to justify LARGE purchases. But, I've found it's best if you can think through your long-term financial goals (i.e., buy a house, buy a car, get married, retire, become a millionaire, etc.) and then bend your spending habits accordingly. Two websites that I like are http://www.finishrich.com/ and http://www.19millionaire.com/ - their articles both really help put a perspective on money. Good luck!I'm seeking advice on spending addiction - SERIOUS answers only, please?
Spending addiction is a symptom鈥攐r flashing red light warning sign--that there are deep-rooted feelings you鈥檙e trying to avoid facing.


http://www.eap.partners.org/wo鈥?/a>

Report Abuse



Frankly speaking, it depends on your mentality. You can divert your spending temptation to something else. For example, you can think of save more money to buy a flat? Think of saving money to buy something which has value and expensive. If not, you can try getting yourself a partner. With a partner, you will not spend that much and he/she will be able to control you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment