Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Looking for job seeking advice?

I have sent my resume to quite a few places and hardly anyone has called me (only one and not even in my industry). I am going for retail or restaurant mgmt. I have experience in this and a strong resume but no one seems to notice. I am willing to do anything but the job seeking things is new to me. What tips do you have?Looking for job seeking advice?
there r many free resume making services websites, google them.. my advice - make a 2-3 paged resume. used big and inspirational words in resume, focus on ur strengths in resume..





try this -


www.freeresumeexamples.net/


www.bestsampleresume.com/


www.resume-resource.com/Looking for job seeking advice?
you should tailor your cover letter to the specific job, and not just sent out a resume or a generic cover letter. You really need to emphasize your strength, why THEY should take you, what you will bring to them, how your background and education and qualifcations are the best fit for them and their needs. You gotta sell yourself. You cant just send out a resume and think they will call you back.





Depending on the place, you should also follow up. After a week or so, call the HR department, tell them you submitted a resume and would like to know if they received it etc.
Become a mad scientist.
I ran into the same situation. I changed both my cover letter and resume to tailor the specific position I was looking at. It helped to get return calls, interest and finally a job. Here are two resources that may help. A cover letter and resume must stand out above the rest, as there are just so many people out there competing for the same job.


http://www.resumecoverletterexamples.com鈥?/a>


http://www.resume-resource.com/examples.鈥?/a>
  • acne
  • back blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment