Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why is that we give advice to other people but we never take our own advice; we only seek other peoples advice

I know what you're talking about! I love giving advice to my friends. I think it's great. But when it comes to taking the advice I give them, I don't.Why is that we give advice to other people but we never take our own advice; we only seek other peoples advice
Everything is great in theory,its practice that's bewildering.Why is that we give advice to other people but we never take our own advice; we only seek other peoples advice
Easy. Psychological position. By someone asking you a question they're presuming that you know the answer. This puts you in a light of knowledge and natural hypnosis will place you at your highest potential for filling out this expectation of others. Not only that, but your detachment from the situation also plays a major role in finding a logical solution. Emotions make everything more complicated. Attachments where there shouldn't be. Dislike where there shouldn't be. It's why Love seems so complicated.
Our thoughts have energy they also have intention, so even if we think we are just giving advice and not taking anything from it, guess what?
Lack of self confidence.





If this is you, you should read ';As A Man Thinketh';, by James Allen. You can download it for free off the net. Takes about 1 1/2 hours to read. It is well worth it and a GREAT confidence builder.
From personal experience, it's more difficult to take my own advice because as Satia said, it holds you accountable. It's easy to dish out advice, because you're not the one with the problem, or the one who has to go through the actions of correcting said problem. Accepting your own advice is admitting you have a problem to fix, and admitting that you're not perfect.
I think we do this because sometimes we think about what is being asked at hand and may take an example from our own lives and realize that wasn't the best choice. And once we realize that we come up with the best possible solution to get people to not to the same stupids things you've done or doing. You can't change the way you are at the drop of a dime especially if you are so used to doing things a certain way. So you tell people what they should do! Taking other people advice gives you some type of assurance.
I learned a long time ago to listen to my own instincts and opinions. So I do listen to my own advice. Usually the first instinct you have about a subject it the right one.





I may ask advice from others only to compare it to my own. To strengthen my perception of things. Not really to follow what their advice is.
We don't seek other's advice with any real intention of taking it, but we usually give it freely. When we give advice, we really should take it ourselves, since deep down it is really meant for us.
Hypocrisy.
Unless I've asked for your advice, please do not take it upon yourself to assume that I want or need your help.





The phenomenon could be called the ';do-gooder';.





Your advice is likely to be from your perspective and your experience in the world. Mine differs. Just because something has worked for you doesn't mean that it will work for me.





It is to a certain extent arrogant to assume that we have the solutions to other people's problems.





If you won't follow your own advice, then perhaps the advice isn't ask good as what claim it to be.
We don't do that. Or rather, I do not do that. I would not presume to speak for you or others.





In fact, when I give advice I feel it puts a certain degree of accountability into my life. If I tell someone it is foolish or unwise to do something and then go out and do it myself then I am not living my life with true integrity. If anything, giving advice to others has made me a better person because I find myself intentionally living up to my own standards.
because most people think there own advice is bad
  • how to makeup
  • coupons
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment