Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I think I am in perimenopause, how long can a period last before seeking medical advice?

I am 39 and my periods were never regular until after my last child. Now my period has lasted 17 days and counting, when do I go make sure nothing else is going on? Are there any other things to watch out for?I think I am in perimenopause, how long can a period last before seeking medical advice?
You may get more responses in womens health....


Most of us here are preggo or TTC and not menopausal in the least...


Good luck to youI think I am in perimenopause, how long can a period last before seeking medical advice?
Not to freak you out but yes there is something very serious to watch for and it happens a lot when you are nearing menopause. Go see your OBGYN for an emergency appointment, tell them you need a sonogram of your ovaries, that you have been bleeding for 17 days and you are worried you ruptured a cyst. My friend Cheryl had this at age 41 and when she finally went the blood had filled her abdomen and she required surgery and was in a GREAT deal of pain. Call now, don't just assume you are okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment