Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Seeking advice for a college major?

I have been going to school off and on for a few years now, but the major thing holding me back is my indecisiveness in choosing a major. I have the dilemma in doing what I love vs. doing something that will prove lucrative. I don't want to be a starving artist, but I enjoy writing and art. Along with that I want something that has stability, financial security, and something I won't have a hard time getting a job in. Any suggestions on a major that fits that criteria?Seeking advice for a college major?
Be an English teacherSeeking advice for a college major?
You have a very conflicting situation here as jobs in the arts/writing can be very difficult to find, and may not be the best paying. Take some things into consideration. Is being able to afford some of the finer things in life more important than being able to be a professional artist. Could you perhaps pursue a more lucrative profession that will allow you to practice your art/writing on the side. Would you be willing to move across country to pursue your passion? There are many, many options with any major, but you have to be willing to search them out.
Editor, illustrator. Major in communications, minor in art.
journalism or teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment