Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Should I seek medical advice...Can not contain liquids?

I am having a lot of abdominal pain, but I have a high pain tolerance. I have pain on scale of 1-10 about an 8.5 under like my breast bone area that feels like a crampy stuffiness (hard to explain) and about a 9 of lower abdominal pain. I also have very watery diaherra (TMI I KNOW) I have been eating nothing but bread today and had some plain noodles to try and comorft my stomach! I have also been drinking gatorade all day and the mere sip of it sends me flying to the bathroom! I can not contain any liquids or solids with out a bathroom trip! I am also having nausea way beyond a 10!! Any advice at all...Should I seek medical advice...Can not contain liquids?
Sounds like Irritable Bowel to me . Just make sure you don't get DEHYDRATED from losing too much water , and you should be fine .





Edit


Hi what you mentioned fits the picture of Nervous colon or Irritable Bowel . Many types of food ,especially fatty and spicy ones , cause cramps and gas and diarrhea .


SO


If you are having cramps that do not result in anything coming out , and have excessive GAS , then you definitely have an Irritable bowel .


BUT


If the main complaint is a continuous diarrhea , with the cramps coinciding with the diarrhea , and if you have other symptoms like fever , then you definitely have an infection , possibly from eating the meat .


AND


If there is only diarrhea , a little pain , and no fever , then you might have some kind of reaction to the meat because you never had it before . This will improve with some Imodium , and it will not happen again once you get used to the new type of food .








About the posts before and after this one :


I never realized gall bladder disease can manifest as cramps and diarrhea . Gall bladder OBSTRUCTION might cause STEATORRHEA , which is an oily diarrhea , but at that stage , the condition will be so painful , the person will most likely be in the hospital .Should I seek medical advice...Can not contain liquids?
Sounds like gastroenteritis to me! you may have got it from an airborne virus or contaminated food or water. Go see your Doctor ASAP. They'll test your stools. If it is gastroentiritis from a norovirus (in this case you would be projectile vomiting as well) it should pass in a few days. In any case you need to see your doctor. They may give you antibiotics (if it's not a virus) but at the very least they can give you anti spasmodics and something to calm down the sick feeling.





You must go ASAP as dehydration can take hold extremely quickly and you may need IV fluids.





I would suggest you go to Emergency at your nearest hospital if your doc is closed. Good luck!
Get yourself to a doctor.


It could be many things . I am thinking Gall Bladder problems ?





Feel better soon.
with the pain, I think a visit to the med stop is in order or a call to your doctor, most have an after hours Dr for the office that takes calls, you leave a message with their answering service then they call you back. Or call the med stop or hospital, but usually they will tell you to come in. The diarrhea can be explained away as flu and so can the nausea but the pain indicates something more severe. I would not wait for more answers but call right now. Let me know what they say, I am thinking that it is a gall bladder concern as well.
Although the pain and the symptoms can relate to a lot of bugs out there. The problem is that your electrolytes will become out of whack--since you're not keeping anything inside of you.


Which means, you won't be able to start to heal until your body has what it needs to correct itself. Basically all the systems rely on that balance, including your immune system.


A trip to the doctor, can help relieve pain and do a complete assessment to find the exact cause. In the mean time, I would try drinking something with electrolytes--gatorade does not have what your body needs

No comments:

Post a Comment